I took a break from releasing content over the last week because I have been listening and learning in my commitment to stand with black men and women. I’ve had to confront my own beliefs and internal biases, and it’s uncomfortable work. I’ve found myself, at times, being defensive, shameful, uncomfortable, and even resistant, but I know that this work always starts with me, and I’m okay with being uncomfortable.
I’m sharing some personal stories with you today, to share a little bit about my experience as a mother to a black son, and why I believe in the power of story so deeply. I have always led with my heart and am always open to being wrong, but I will continue to show up for the work. This year has felt unsettling for many of us, and I want to remind you that it’s so important to really feel those feelings, to not push them down with food or any other buffer.
Listen in today as I share a couple of personal stories with you and remind you of the power of changing your thoughts and sitting in all of your emotions. Life is always 50/50, and doing this work, allowing for negative feelings without reaching for food will make you unstoppable. Make sure to tune in every Friday as I bring you my weekly Facebook Lives here on the podcast in addition to usual episodes on Wednesdays!
If you love this work and you want to go deeper, take my free mini-course. Click here for more information.
We are pushing the opening of The Transform Society to July. We were going to open in the middle of June, but I want to take some time because this is an updated course, and I want the current ladies to be able to give me feedback on it so it’ll be ready for new ladies who want to join! We’ll also be putting on a virtual live event in July close to the opening, so make sure to keep an eye out for that.
What You’ll Discover:
- My very limited experience as a mother to a black son.
- Why feelings are so important and how they can guide us to find out what we’re thinking.
- What I’ve been doing over the last week to listen and learn as much as possible.
- The questions to ask when you feel negative emotions to help you allow and fully feel them.
- Why I believe the way to lose weight for good is by changing our beliefs and sitting with your emotions.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Take my free mini-course here!
- Sign up to learn more about my Jumpstart program here!
- Follow me on Instagram!
- Join us in our private Facebook group!
- Layla Saad – 28-Day Challenge
- The Loveland Foundation
- Rachel Cargle
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, listen on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!